Pages

Saturday 30 November 2013

Cutlural Day !!!

“It’s Cultural Day” I shouted aloud.

On a burning hot day it was Cultural day for the Senior Syndicate.

I walked straight into church feeling like I was late, but I was just in time. I was scared that I would make a mistake. Suddenly we had to walk up to the altar. Me, Rachel and Rosalina had to stand up with other students in the Senior Syndicate to read a pray of the faithful. I was the third one to say the prayer. I said it as I was happy and felt excited.

When church was finished we all had to go to room 7 so they could start their presentations. We got a piece of paper each, this was so we could mark each group. The first group started their presentation, this was about the United Kingdom. They told us about the time and some words that people in the U.K use.

Then there were other groups who presented their presentations, they were Italy, Greece, Spain and Germany. After they had all presented to us it was morning tea time. The bell rang and Room 6 and 7 and their teachers had to come to our class so we could present to them.

I was so scared, happy, and excited waiting to present. The students all came and sat down. I had to go and sit where Miss G normally sat so I could change the slides. My group then started by saying “OLA AMIGOS” with a smile on our face.

We had finally started. As soon as it was my turn to say my part I stood up and said “Peru has a traditional dance that is mixed up with two other dances”. I felt so happy when it was over.

After my class had presented we then had to move to room 6’s class. We got a paper each and a pencil. First in room 6 to present was the Indian group. They told us all about what sort of food they eat and other facts.

After when their class had finished presenting we all had lunch. My friends were all talking about how happy and frightened they were. We were all happy that we had done great work presenting to the Senior Syndicate.

After Lunch we had to get changed. The girl’s had to get changed into a skirt and a t-shirt. The boys had to get changed into pants and a t-shirt too. The whole of our school and some parent’s were in the hall. Once the other classes had finished it was our turn, When our danced finished I was feeling really overwhelmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment