Pages

Friday 16 August 2013

XCountry

“Yay I’m so excited for X Country” I shouted aloud.                                      


On this amazing, exciting, hot, sunny day it was Tuesday the 13th of August. On that day it was X Country. When it was lunchtime I got my sport shoes and then Miss G put the age that we were on our hands. After lunch some of the students, teachers and parents were watching us walking into the tennis courts.


There were chairs with labels on it that said the ages. I went in the line with the others who were 10. Miss G said “First we are going to take the 12 and 13 year olds”. They went to go line up near the office. “On your marks, get set, go” said Miss G and she banged the blocks together. The students all zoomed off running around the streets. A little while later Miss G told the ll year olds to stand up and line up near the office. Again she said “on your marks, get set, go!”, They were all zooming of down the hill.


I was so scared because me and the other 10 year olds were next. Miss G said “On your marks, get set, go”, I went running down the hill. I saw two girls from St Mary’s College say to me and my friend Tokilupe “keep on going girls”. “I’m thirsty I need water” I said to Tokilupe. I then had saw my auntie across the road, I shouted to my auntie and said “Hi auntie ”. My auntie waved at me and after that I was close to the end so ran to Tokilupe.  

I kept on running until I ran back to Miss G, When I was running Rachel told me to smile so I smiled because I was happy. I walked inside the tennis court and sat down and finally the race had finished. I asked Monique who came 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th. She said that she had came 1st, Joanna came 2nd, Folauhola was 3rd, Tokilupe came 4th and that I came 5th. I was happy that I came 5th. After that all of the seniors walked to the corner of the tennis court and watched the juniors run around the field. When the 8 year old boys raced I cheered for my brother. At the end of the race my brother came 2nd. After that we went back to class when the others had finished and got back into our school uniform and went home.   

No comments:

Post a Comment